Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Roll the credits

People always ask if I do all the work on the house myself. Noooooo...not even close.
So it's time to recognize the people who did all the actual skilled work and fixed all the stuff I screwed up:


Rochelle Relyea: Pardon the lousy photo. Here's a better one:





International model-turned renovator (Maybe you've seen her on the cover of Elle. Really.) A great eye for design and cost-effective problem-solving. Her time is in high demand so I was fortunate to get some of it on very short notice.

Joe Penney: Lucky thing that Sara passed Joe's name along. He seems to know how to do everything, well. Installed windows, cabinets, flooring, doors and more. I don't think I could have completed this project without his help.

Canstar electric; John, Bill and Evan: Fast, John had great ideas for lighting and wiring options. Bill is very funny but can be hard to understand when he speaks English. Evan's a lovely young guy who seemed to spend a lot of time crawling in the crawl space.

David's Plumbing Service: Which is really Bob and Wayne. Why do plumbing companies always seem to have names that bear no relation to the plumbers themselves?

Kathryn Mulders: Nice job tiling the kitchen backsplash and shower surround.

There have been other great helpers, but I didn't want anyone to think I deserve the credit for all this work.

No comments: