Thursday, June 7, 2007

Details, details


Amazing what light fixtures and tiles can do for a place.
I always wanted subway tiles. The sconces are upside down though. I will try to turn them the other way if there's enough slack in the wiring.
It's starting to feel done in some rooms, though there are still closets to finish, washer and dryer to hook up, touch-ups on the drywall and painting inside and a whack of painting and landscaping and stucco repair to do outside.
Last night we hauled some bamboo, variegated holly and a pine and a few other plants to the house and plunked them into holes in the lawn to see how they looked. All I've really wanted to do all this time was to place that bamboo clump in one particular spot next to the front bedroom window. It's felt like the whole point of the purchase in my mind. So now it's there. I'll try to get pictures of it tonight.

No comments: