Sunday, June 3, 2007

Preoccupied with occupancy

Feels like I've had my head in a paint can for the last week. Sometimes I look like it too. It has been a rush to get the house in livable condition for today, when Rob arrived to stay for a month while he starts a new job and looks for a condo.

After months standing empty, the little house is about to become someone's home again.

It has been a lot of hours and a lot of help from others. I caved in and hired help with painting - and Zach saved the day, getting many rooms done over a
couple of evenings, after his day's work was already done.



Somehow the plumber and electricians got almost everything hooked up and working. Joe did the bathroom sink and our friend John installed the countertop, which I had stupidly mismeasured the first time around (I knew I didn't know what I was doing. Remind me never to try to measure a complicated countertop again.)
Anyway, here are the results so far:




<>

Now, time to start work outside, where the grass is out of control, but not as out of control as the bindweed.

No comments: