Sunday, November 27, 2011

The devil makes work for idle blogs

Did you ever wonder what happens to an unwatched blog?

My attention has been focused on my other one, The Merida Initiative, for the past couple of years while our project in that lovely place progressed. This one stayed alive but dormant.

Unnoticed until  now, during this period of inattention, spam comments sprouted like the weeds on our tropical patio. It was a bit of a surprise. I guess I'll have to adjust the settings a bit as we get underway with planning and execution of the reno I have been dreaming about for almost 15 years, of our rambling, run-down Victoria home, which I not-always-lovingly call Fallingdowne.

At least I think we're getting underway. With Mérida, I blogged about a dream, and it happened. Could blogging be the charm?

I am inspired by our friend Angela's blog on her family's big project to update and improve their very cool midcentury house. You can follow that one here.

Meanwhile, if you want to see Obama playing with an Xbox or learn how to make a fortune working in your spare time from home, you'll have to find some other neglected, spam-filled blog.

No comments: